Ever since I started using Linux for nuke and houdini projects, I noticed a significant different start up speed in all the programs I used! Of course it might be because my Windows simply has too much things, but that’s a topic for another day. I decided to do one of my projects I have on hand, Troll Bridge, in my newly setup Linux environment as well. Something unexpected came up, this project requires a LUT, CSP file and it is erroring in Linux only! Same Nuke version 11.1v2, same .nuke folder loaded, just the difference in OS! The real head-scratcher is this error message here:
Couldn’t find a solution online, I posted this issue in both Nuke User forum and Nuke facebook user group. And I got a reply in the facebook group from Ahren, the producer of Troll bridge!
He pointed out that it is an old issue with the OCIOFileTransform node getting confused with it’s end of line (carriage return) characters. And re-save it with linux/unix encoding should fix the issue. So I opened up the CSP file in gedit, and resaving it in Linux end of line fixed that beautifully for me!