I’ve interested in Linux for a while now but it’s only until recently I actually installed Linux to dual boot with my Windows 10. At first I installed Ubuntu because of it’s popularity, but then on the same day I found out the production programs I work with (Nuke, Maya) doesn’t work that well with Ubuntu. Turned out they’re all more compatible with CentOS, which is what I’m using now. This is a post to record the tips or just commands I found useful.
- Mounting NTFS file system after a fresh installation.
yum --enablerepo=extras install epel-release yum install ntfs-3g fuse
- Setup multimedia on CentOS 7
- When a repository is causing problem, head to
And open up the repos that’s causing problem and set
- Find dependencies for a particular package
yum deplist <package name>
yum deplist vlc
- Find out where a package comes from
yum provides <packgage name>
- Dependencies for Handbrake
- Formatting a USB drive with FAT32 file system
First find out its mount point
mkfs –t vfat